2011: Conscious Relating and Communicating

The time has come! With 8 days left in the year, I'm beginning to craft and refine my learning goals and intentions for the new year. My 2010 list served as a helpful touchstone throughout the year and I am pleased to find that while some of my goals and intentions were not mastered (not reasonably master-able in a year...), I made many important steps forward. This year I have been challenged, taught and grown by surrender, communicating my truth, living my reality and committing to my spiritual practice. I found God vibrating in every atom of my being and this revelation spurred a whole series of events involving growing/glowing self-respect, steadiness and faith. I have let go of a lot of nonsense that stood between myself and my Self. This has been a year of softening and blossoming.

2011 represents a time for coming into full alignment with our highest Self. Thus far I am interested in bringing consciousness to communication in all its forms and to my relationships, particularly those of the romantic variety.

Communication Goals:
-Communicate clearly, concisely, compassionately and honestly in all interactions
(Dropping negativity, judgment, half truths)
-Speak my truth freely, with steadiness under pressure
(Dropping muzzling, concern about being nice/pleasant/likable)
-Practice daily creative expression through art/writing/singing
-Listen, quietly and patiently.

Relating Goals:
-Undertake only authentic, thoughtful, intentional romantic relationships
(Dropping rushing, fantasies, unconscious choices)
-Project neutrality
(Dropping manipulations, murky intentions)
-Save physical intimacy for said authentic relationships
(Dropping emotionally unsafe behaviors)

Misc:
-Stay mentally and emotionally flexible
(Dropping rigid structures and ideologies)
-Move from the heart ("Rest in reason, move in passion." -Kahlil Gibran)
-Commit to regular strenuous physical exercise (at least 4 times a week)
-Commit to continued excellent self-care (real food, acupuncture, yoga, water)
-Live in reality

What are your goals and intentions for the new year?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessing the Gentle Men

Yoga Is...

People Can Be Good, or, Relationship as Refuge